Friday, December 7, 2007

"Most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never
feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you."
This line is the last line spoken by Baby to Johnny before she
is no longer a baby.
I grew up with movies like Dirty Dancing and Pretty in Pink and
the movies that put romance before sex. There is a feeling of
heat and excitement and passion and love. These movies made
my young heart fill with emotion, and unfortunately they made
me think this was part of life.
I fully expected to be swept off of my feet by a beautiful man
who was not good enough for me but who was so full of life
and passion that it would be enough to sustain us forever.
This is not what happened to me.
And it makes me sad.
When Jennifer Gray says that to Patrick Swayze I feel that fear.
The fear that this moment will stop and real life will flood
back and steal that feeling and you'll never have it again.
I feel the womanly heart in me longing for that moment that
fills every sense and allows your mind just stop. It takes you to
a place where all you do is feel the physical bliss because you have
trusted your heart and you body to someone.
It's steamy.
It's passion.
It's only in the movies.

No comments: