Friday, September 25, 2009

Well for the first time since I started writing this blog almost two years ago, I find myself nervous about it. I had some suggestions as to improvements that could be made, and I asked for them, and they are great ideas, but I have never tried to make this anything but the beginning of my sharing my learning through writing. So I really didn't have any idea how to take the advice and apply it. As I shared in a recent blog, I thought about making it more of a chronological account of my life with the intention to help others with similar experiences, but this is not going to work for me.

I have always loved the idea of sharing in the moment. Not sharing a slick, perfected idea or issue. But to share in the moment the struggles and successes of daily life. So I am going to stick with that because changing that made me not even want to write it.

Another thing I love is the way Carrie's character in Sex in the City writes. My style is the same idea, asking questions and then working through the answers as they come. Obviously I will not be as overtly sexual, but it may come up. Just a warning. :)

But I have made some changes in my approach to the way I think about this venue for my writing and I have come up with what I think will be a lot of fun, and work, for me, and at the same time make this a more widely read blog. Because if you don't know, all writers want to be read or why else write. Writers will say all day long that they write because they have this insatiable compulsion to do so, and they have to do it. This is not true of me. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but my truest pleasure is in teaching to faces the things that God does and is. But again, I want to reach as many people as possible, so as this grows and becomes more of what God has for it to be, I hope you will feel inspired to share it with others who need truth and grace and a word inspired from the source of all love, our grace-filled Creator.

I love you all. Keep the comments coming.

Look forward next week to many new topics and pictures.

No comments: